How to perfect heat dissipation of LED screen in summer?
As with LED, the biggest problem facing LED screen currently is heat dissipation. The LED screen consumes a lot of power, a considerable portion of which lies with heat emission. Heat emission will lead to the following problems:
1. Wavelength drift: Problems may occur for color correction due to wavelength drift, which is relatively large for LED at high and low temperatures. Experimental data shows that the wavelength changes by 0.2 to 0.3 nm for each degree of change in temperature.
2. Decrease in output brightness: The change of temperature by every degree Celsius will arouse a 1% of change in output brightness, which is most significant for red light. From 180% of brightness at -40°C to less than 50% of brightness at 120°C, the brightness of red light is reduced by nearly two-thirds. The brightness of blue light and green light is comparatively less subject to the temperature change, which is especially true for blue light. Therefore, the problem arises when the temperature increases lies in the difference of brightness for different colors of LEDs.
3. Shortened LED life arising from temperature rise: Data from a U.S. laboratory data has revealed that when the junction temperature increases from 63°C to 74°C, the LED life will be shortened from 36,000 hours to 16,000 hours.
4. Excessive components of heat dissipation incur increased system costs.
5. Energy waste increases user costs.
It’s necessary to increase the luminous efficiency of the LED to deal with the problem of heat dissipation. There is little room for improvement of the controller and the connection lines that emit little heat, while the heating of other parts can be solved ingeniously through superb hardware and elaborate structure design.
First, it is effective to improve heat dissipation by reducing power consumption and heat loss.
Second, it is also a top priority to improve the module production process. It is understood that by means of structural optimization, simplification and rational arrangement of PCB electronic components and glue filling and sealing of materials with high thermal conductivity, the requirements of seamless access of water vapor and heating of components can be satisfied simultaneously.
Finally, the rational optimization of the box structure may play a key role. Considering the heat dissipation and resistance to oxidation, premium aluminum materials will be favorable for chassis, the interior of which features a multi-layer space structure to form a heat dissipation structure with overall permeability and convection, thus the natural air can be fully utilize for heat dissipation through convection, realizing sound heat dissipation and air-tightness and improving reliability and service life.
Faced with severe climate challenge, LED screens can still maintain efficient heat dissipation, and operate as smoothly new ones, demonstrating the power of quality.